lwip-users

[lwip-users] SNMP Memory

From: Zahir Lalani
Subject: [lwip-users] SNMP Memory
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 10:34:46 +0100

Hi

I have managed to get snmp sort of working using the code written by Christiaan Simons. However, it took me a while to get it talking to GetIF. The problem was using the native C memory heap manager. If I did a simple request like time-up, it would work. If I tried anything more complex, it would crash horribly. I traced this down to failed memory allocation in msg_in.c. Having read up on the opts in lwip, I switched to using LWIP’s memory heap manager. This immediately cured the problem.

Any clues as to why this should be?

Zahir Lalani
SystemZ
07956 455168