lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] udp echo server not working.

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] udp echo server not working.
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 09:50:07 +0200

sreesh lwip wrote:
> LWIP implemention for win32 was downloaded from googlecode.

Why that? There is a working win32 port in the contrib module/zip directly from
us, which is known to work and to be in sync with our sources.

>       sys_init();
>       mem_init();
>       memp_init();
>       udp_init();
>       lwip_socket_init();

Depending on the version, please call lwip_init() instead of calling all the
init functions yourself.

>       netif_add(&netif, &ip, &mask, &gw, NULL, ethernetif_init,
> udp_input);

This is definitively wrong: don't pass udp_input as the input callback
function: this will lead to udp_input getting IP or ethernet packets, which it
can't decode and thus drops.

Anyway, please have a look at our examples, that's what they are there for.

Simon