lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Checking whether the client is connected to the Server

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Checking whether the client is connected to the Server
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 11:28:39 +0100

On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 10:21 +0000, Teckinal Greek wrote:

>     Hi,
> yesterday i forgot to attach the screen shot of how i configured this
> Software platform for my project, now I am resending it with
> the attachment. Hope that explains or else let me know! In the mean
> time I have switched over to lwIP RAW API and ported the code. Now
> what i can see is that the value of err = 0 in the below statement
>

> err = tcp_connect(pcb, &ServAddr, 7777, client_connected);
>

> and at the same time in the conditional statement  if(err == ERR_OK)
> is satisfied that means I got connected to my server.

You said earlier that you were getting an ERR_RTE when trying to
connect.  Are you now saying that you don't get this error when trying
to connect and tcp_connect is returning ERR_OK?   If you're still seeing
a routing error at connection time it would be useful to see the source
to your netif_ethernet_open() function

> But the problem arises with writing to the server with this block
>

> static err_t client_connected(void *arg, struct tcp_pcb *pcb, err_t
> err)
> {
>     char string[] = "Hello!";
>     LWIP_UNUSED_ARG(arg);
>

>     if(err != ERR_OK)
>     printf("\n client connected(): err argument not set to ERR_OK, but
> the value is %d\n", err);
>     else
>     {
>          printf("\n client connected \n");
>         tcp_sent(pcb, client_sent);
>         tcp_write(pcb, string, sizeof(string), 0);
>     }
>     return err;
> }
>

> where I have asked the client to sending the string "Hello!" to the
> server. If it is sending to the server how can i find out that it is
> sending the data.

Look at the return value of tcp_write() and wait for your client_sent
function to be called.

Kieran