lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Minimizing TCP send delay with RAW api and multi-thread

From: Andrew Foster
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Minimizing TCP send delay with RAW api and multi-threading.
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:11:54 -0500

Kieran,

I apologize, I mixed some verbiage in my description. I'm asking how to
minimize the delay from application data being ready, to the start of a
new TCP transmission.

My understanding is that I cannot call a tcp_write from other threads. I
think that means that I would have to wait until the tcpip_thread polls
my application to initiate a tcp_write and tcp_output.

Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. Could I just add a sys_timeout
to poll my application at a faster rate? This would ensure that the
tcp_write/output happens in context of the tcpip_thread.

Thanks,

Andrew