lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip port for LPC17xx micros

From: FreeRTOS Info
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip port for LPC17xx micros
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 21:48:18 +0000

Hi again,

The drivers in FreeRTOS are interrupt (and I think DMA (?)) driven.  The
driver moves a packet into a buffer pointed to by a chain of DMA
descriptors, thats it.  I don't see why the driver would not be agnostic
of the stack it is being used with - the packets coming in off the
network will be the same - the reception and buffering of the packets by
the DMA will be the same - only how the packets are read from the
buffers by the stack will be different and that is not part of the
driver but part of the stack.

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.