lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Unable to get response for ICMP request sent

From: Surjya Padhi
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Unable to get response for ICMP request sent
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 09:51:21 +0800

Hi Guys,

Is there anybody looking into it?
I am stuck up here and no idea how to debug and what to do.
Please suggest some idea...

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Surjya Narayana Padhi <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Geeks,

Currently I am working on a project which has following setup

1.       Development board is having AVR controller. The development Kit is EVK1105.

2.       I am using FreeRTOS and for TCPIP, I am using LWIP stack

Currently in LWIP the following 3 things are implemented for ICMP protocol – echo reply, destination unreachable and time exceeded.

I want to send ICMP ping request from my development (where I have FreeRTOS and LWIP) to on external PC. So I downloaded the

Contrib for LWIP which implements the icmp request sending in a freeRTOS thread by creating RAW socket for ICMP. Now when I run it on

My board it does not work. I can send the icmp echo request from my board but not able to receive the reply.

Following is the observation I got during testing

1.       For sending an ICMP echo request I created a socket and send the request on that socket and the call the “ping_recv” in the same

Infinite loop. By calling the “ping_recv” function it blocks all other threads like webserver,tftp and snmp etc. But If I comment out the

“Ping_recv” function all other threads works.

2.       I did another observation also. When I comment out the “ping_recv” function I can detect the ICMP packet received in core lwip functionality

In icmp.c , I put a debug statement and I get the icmp packet with ICMP_ER(echo reply) code. But here also all the other freeRTOS threads are

Blocked.

Can anybody please suggest an elegant and simple solution to implement the sending of ICMP echo request while FreeRTOS is running?

TM R&D accepts no liability for any errors or omissions in the
contents of this message which arises as a result of e-mail
transmission. Opinions, conclusions and other information in
this e-mail that do not relate to the official business shall be
understood as neither given nor endorsed by TM R&D.