lwip-users

[lwip-users] question about tuning lwip to use less RAM

From: shogun
Subject: [lwip-users] question about tuning lwip to use less RAM
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 20:45:38 -0400

I am using lwip on a stellaris micro that is running safeRTOS.  I have three
TCP/IP sockets I use to send and receive data.  One socket sends 10k bytes
and the other two sockets send and receive data in 256 byte blocks at a
time.  When I increased the size of the data I send from 6k bytes to 10K
byte transfers, I had to increase the variable TCP_SND_BUF in the options
file.  The CPU I am using only has 96K of memory and I noticed that lwip is
using a considerable amount of memory (RAM):

>From the map file:
Location        size
20007a34    00006a24     lwiplib.obj (.bss:memp_memory)
2000e458    00005814     lwiplib.obj (.bss:ram_heap)

Everything is working but I was wondering if I could post my lwipopts.h file
and get some advice on using less memory (RAM).

I am using zero copy when I send the data and use the following call:
ert = tcp_write(mainNetInfoStruct.pcb, data, size, 0);

Is this amount of RAM use typical or can I tune lwip to use less RAM?

Thanks

DB