lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] netconn->acceptmbox is NULL

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] netconn->acceptmbox is NULL
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 15:03:15 +0100

On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 15:10 +0200, Emil Ohlsson wrote:
> >On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 11:46 +0200, Emil Ohlsson wrote:
> >>    res = netconn_listen(cli);
> >>    if ( res != ERR_OK ) {/* Error handling */ }
> >
> >You should get an error here if it couldn't allocate the acceptmbox.  I
> >would debug the do_listen() function in >src/api/api_msg.c to see if that
> >allocation is failing, and if so why.
> >
> >Kieran
>
> As far as I can see in do_listen it doesn't do anything to UDP
> connections. Is it netconn_listen that allocates the acceptmbox?

I must confess I didn't notice you were using a UDP connection, and
assumed that, because you were calling netconn_listen, it was TCP.  You
don't need to call netconn_listen for a UDP connection.  But that won't
solve your problem as there is still nothing setting acceptmbox to a
valid state.  I think this must be a bug, as I can't see the lwIP socket
API doing anything special for accept on a UDP socket, and I'd expect
that to work.

Kieran