lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4 - no FIN sent!

From: Stephane Lesage
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4 - no FIN sent!
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:56:14 +0200

> I still have my last data packet not sent immediately after a close...
> I may have the same problem as Richard Barry in "Delayed ACK causing
> problems? Where to calltcp_nagle_disable()? "
> As said by Felipe de Andrade:
> "how came the Nagle's algorithm has caused the problem, as it is
> suppose to group small data until receive the next ack, but the JPG
has
> lots of pending data to be sent and the algorithm shouldn't retain
it."
> When closing, tcp should also sent the pending data immediately, no ?

I finally debugged this issue and solved it by set TF_FIN flag on the
pcb in function tcp_send_fin() in the case where we have unsent
segments.
I wanted to make a bug report but I realized that it was already
reported:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?33962

The patch is the same as the solution I found.

--
Stephane Lesage