lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Delayed Ack causing problems? Where to call tcp_nagle_d

From: FreeRTOS Info
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Delayed Ack causing problems? Where to call tcp_nagle_disable()?
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 19:46:07 +0100

> Felipe de Andrade Neves L. wrote:
>> May I ask something, how came the Nagle's algorithm has caused the
>> problem, as it is suppose to group small data until receive the
>> next ack, but the JPG has lots of pending data to be sent and the
>> algorithm shouldn't retain it.
> That's a good, question.
>
> Richard, can you tell us anything about this? The raw-httpd from
> contrib shouldn't have problems sending a JPG with nagle enabled
> (unless limited by available memory or config options)???

Umm.  I can describe the set up I have, if that helps.  Actually, the
code is all available here if you want to look at that...

http://interactive.freertos.org/entries/20290712-freertos-win32-project-with-lwip-web-server

...but as far as I recall, the only modification I made was that in the
post you replied to before this.

I am using Windows XP, with all service packs.  I was testing using
WinPCap developer pack (driver in the files above, that is not the same
as the contrib one) "through" a WiFi adaptor.  I was also using a
FreeRTOS simulator (or should that be emulator?), which is not real real
time.

I have since also tried the code on a Microblaze, which is true real
time, but just used the same code so didn't try it without the nagle
algorithm disabled.  Perhaps I should.

http://www.freertos.org/Free-RTOS-for-Xilinx-MicroBlaze-on-Spartan-6-FPGA.html

[note the link to the Microblaze is not yet complete - the network
driver works well at 100BaseT but is flaky (although working) at
10BaseT.  It will not be released properly until the 10BaseT is fixed,
which will be whenever I get time to look at it again)]

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.