lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] pppSigHUP() or pppClose() ?

From: Paul Archer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] pppSigHUP() or pppClose() ?
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 11:54:47 +1000

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 6:27 PM, narke <address@hidden> wrote:
> In what case should I call pppSigHUP and what case call pppClose().
> And, can I call both?

pppSigHUP() is to be used when the serial link has been dropped. Maybe
the communication to the modem has died. It just cleans up the local
PPP state

pppClose() is a friendly way to shutdown the link, and inform the
other end that we have shutdown. It then also goes about cleaning up
the internal state of PPP.

--
----
Regards