lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP TCP reset, sequence number bug?

From: Matias Mandell
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP TCP reset, sequence number bug?
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 14:27:14 +0300

On 9/2/11 1:45 PM, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:
     I'm really sorry that I bother you by sending a personal email but
you seem to be involved in the LwIP development and this is such a
small
bug.
Nevertheless, I'm not the only developer/user, and others might be interested in this,
too, so please always send mails as this one to one of the lists. It's not the
"bothering me" but the fact that other people might gain something from reading
this, too.
Yes, I know. Completely forgot about the mailing list. I was looking at the bug reporting system. But it seemed too time-consuming for the moment. :)
     Is there a sequence number bug at TCP reset? According to RFC the
sequence number should not be increased by one on reset.

     I think the "+1" should be removed from tcp_listen_input() call
     tcp_rst(ackno + 1, seqno + tcplen,
Funny that you found that just now: we discovered this bug just last week and I fixed it
yesterday. If you want the fix but don't want to use a git version, just remove the
" + 1" in your code.
Heh. :) This was the bug that I was initially trying to fix some days ago. But as it was running LwIP 1.3.2 and the 1.4.0 changelog listed a lot of bugfixes I did an upgrade first. But as the bug still existed I begun looking at the code more closely.

Sincerely, Matias

--
mat!as