lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] DHCP-Autoip cooperation

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] DHCP-Autoip cooperation
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 14:31:50 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand the code correctly so I won't make any too big
> assumtions. Will the timer be set to last received lease-time or will it
> be set to a lower value to make sure the dhcp-server is found as soon as
> possible?

The timer values aren't changed after receiving the server's answer. So if the
DHCPREQUEST to the leasing server (state RENEWING) is not answered, it is
simply retried (with an exponentially increased retransmission delay between 2
and 20 seconds) from dhcp_fine_tmr().

However, the lease is still used until the T2 expires. Only then, other servers
are tried by broadcasting DHCPREQUESTs.

Simon