lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] New to lwip. Where is uIP?

From: FreeRTOS Info
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] New to lwip. Where is uIP?
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 09:25:12 +0000

On 07/11/2011 22:56, Patrick Suteja Teh wrote:

> Where is uIP main website? When I google it, it re-directs me to Contiki
> OS. I know Contiki OS is using uIP but does uIP have separate
> development branch or is it now really part of Contiki OS?

As was told to me - the uIP wiki was hacked away, and rather than being
restored, was redirected to Contiki.

> I'm trying to port lwip to PIC24 that has 128K Flash and 8K memory, no
> underlying OS just a single threaded core, C30 compiler, expecting
> running TCP/IP over SLIP. I can remove ARP, Ethernet driver and UDP. Is
> it possible? I can't find any info porting to PIC24 using lwip which
> make me think it may not be possible.

Others here will be able to give a more informed answer than me, but I
would think, if you stuck to the raw API and minimal configuration, you
should be able to get something working, but I'm not sure how useful it
would be because it might not leave room for your application (due to
RAM constrains, rather than ROM constraints).

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.