lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] tcp_tmr goes into infinite loop with tcp_active_pcbs

From: Sylvain Bernard
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] tcp_tmr goes into infinite loop with tcp_active_pcbs
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 11:22:49 -0800

I checked but no interrupts are used.

I have reshuffled the client code to follow the lwip callback sequence and the issue seems to have dissapeared.  Previously, lwip callbacks were used to set flags that were acted upon in a highler level application state-machine.  It seemed some race condition may have taken place when doing so.

Thank you for you time/help,

Sylvain

Email: address@hidden
Web: www.siana-systems.com
Tel: (858) 480-7271

"The difficult I do immediately, the impossible just takes a bit longer."
--

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:

On 28 Jan 2012, at 19:15, Sylvain Bernard wrote:

> I've seen a couple old posts on a similar issue but no mentions on a possible cause/resolution.  Any idea?
>
> note: the lwip stack is running in a single-threaded environment (no OS)

The normal reason for this is that there are two threads running concurrently in the lwIP core, which causes one of the lists to become corrupted.  But in your case this seems unlikely as you only have one thread, unless you have interrupts calling directly into lwIP rather than queuing packets for your main thread to handle.

Kieran