lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Using lwIP with multiple process

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Using lwIP with multiple process
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:24:00 +0100

LABARTHE Guillaume <address@hidden> wrote:
> Now what i'am trying to do is to create to process (a client and a server)
> that uses the same instance of lwIP.
> the problem is that i can't figure out how to do it.  I was only able to
> link my programs against the shared library but it seems that the library is
> loaded twice in memory so my 2 programs does not share the same instance
> of lwIP.

Given linux's process mode, this doesn't work: a shared library is shared code
(constant) but not shared data. What you want is sharing data between
processes. That won't get too easy with lwIP, I guess you will have to write a
library interfacing lwIP, use that from your 2 processes and run lwIP as a
server process (3rd process).

Simon