lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Exporting the real BSD socket API function names?

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Exporting the real BSD socket API function names?
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 12:26:27 +0100

Mason <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is it possible to configure lwip in such a way that the static
> library I build exports the /real/ BSD socket API function names?
> I.e. export foo instead of lwip_foo (for socket, connect, bind, etc)

I don't think it's currently possible without modifying the sources. I'd
suggest to solve this by changing the way LWIP_COMPAT_SOCKETS works (see end of
sockets.h): currently, we define accept() to lwip_accept(). If you would
lwip_accept to accept (define turned around, no arguments/only method name is
redefined), that would result in naming the actual functions like you want.

Simon