lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Nonblocking sockets problem

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Nonblocking sockets problem
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:06:22 +0100

"Åke Forslund" <address@hidden> wrote:
> We added some debug-prints in the case NETCONN_EVT_RCVPLUS
> in event_callback() showing that  rcvevent was only incremented when the
> socket was set as blocking.
>
> I'm having trouble seeing where to probe for the error so if anyone has an
> idea of where to look, I would be very thankful. Is there any options in
> lwipopt that could trigger this behavior?
> From where is event_callback() triggered normally, it's added as a
> callback to the netconnection-object but where is this callback called?

The callback is called via the macro API_EVENT(), which is mainly called with
RECVPLUS from the raw API recv- and accept-callbacks in api_msg.c (those are
called from tcpip_thread). However, it is also called with RECVMINUS from
netconn_recv_data() in api_lib.c (called from your application thread).

Which type of socket are you using (tcp, udp, raw)?

Could you provide a simple test code that reproduces this, that would make it
much easier for me to check.

Thanks,
Simon