lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Using libcurl on top of lwip

From: Mason
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Using libcurl on top of lwip
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:35:01 +0100

Gisle Vanem wrote:

> Mason wrote:
>
>> My main difficulty is the close function, because it is
>> defined both in libc.a, to deal with regular files, and
>> in lip.a, to deal with sockets.
>>
>> I suppose the simple solution would be to convince libcurl
>> to use lwip_close instead of close?
>
> Didn't the thread on the libcurl-list work?

I did get a few suggestions, but I don't want to fiddle with
generated files like curl_config.h, I want to be able to use
the generated headers and makefiles "as is".

> You posted about this 28 Feb 2012.

For reference,
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2012-02/0236.html

> Gist of that was...
>   In lwIP's src/include/lip/sockets.h:
>
>   #if LWIP_COMPAT_SOCKETS
>   #define closesocket(s)        lwip_close(s)

I ignored this macro, because it corresponds to a Win32
function, and the configure script looks for its definition
in non-POSIX headers (socket.h instead of sys/socket.h)

(My environment is 90% POSIX-compliant, and I've provided
a set of POSIX-compliant wrappers for lwip.)

> I'd be happy to get lwIP+libcurl to work okay on Windows.
> But it's rather low on my list of priorities.

I'm 99% done (on a POSIX embedded system). If the libcurl
maintainer accepts my small patch, then it will be possible
to invoke the configure script and just run the makefile
in lib to build libcurl for lwip :-)

--
Regards.