lwip-users

[lwip-users] problem closing a stream

From: trex7
Subject: [lwip-users] problem closing a stream
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 07:52:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I'm using lwip 1.3.2 in an audio stream client application. I close my
application like this:

static void httpclient_connection_close(struct tcp_pcb *tpcb, struct
httpclient * hc )
{
        if (hc->pcb)
        {
           tcp_arg(hc->pcb, NULL);
            tcp_sent(hc->pcb, NULL);
            tcp_recv(hc->pcb, NULL);
            tcp_poll(hc->pcb, NULL,0);
            tcp_err(hc->pcb, NULL);
            if( tcp_close(hc->pcb) != ERR_OK )
            {
                tcp_abort(hc->pcb);
            }
         }
        if(hc)
        {
                mem_free(hc);
        }
}

Everytime I want to close the connection and open a new one  the old
connection is not close and and the old pcb state is in fin_wait_2 and stays
there. I waited for more that 5 mins but it didnt close.
I can see on wireshark that both connections are still open, as if the first
connection is still streaming.

When I call tcp_close() lwip sends fin and the servers ack it. But the
server never sends fin and continues sending data.

Are there any precautions that I need to do before closing a tcp stream
connection?

trex