lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] errno is not set in sockets.c

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] errno is not set in sockets.c
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:50:59 +0000

On 20 Mar 2012, at 09:53, Mason wrote:

> Looking at sockets.c, the relevant code is:
>
> #ifdef ERRNO
> #ifndef set_errno
> #define set_errno(err) errno = (err)
> #endif
> #else /* ERRNO */
> #define set_errno(err)
> #endif /* ERRNO */

I suspect that it might be something relevant to Windows ports.  I can't see a
problem with the change you suggest, but I'd like to understand what this was
for in the first place as I'm cautious when it comes to things that require
changes to the ports - we need to have a good reason for them.  Is there
anything stopping you defining ERRNO in your port or compiler, as I think that
will yield the code you need.

Kieran