lwip-users

[lwip-users] gethostbyname can't be found by compiler

From: Dennis Borgmann
Subject: [lwip-users] gethostbyname can't be found by compiler
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:58:04 +0200

Hi list!

I just tried to use gethostbyname in an example project for ATMEL AVR32UC3A.

The problem I am facing is, that the compiler won't find the function "gethostbyname". This is the error I am facing:

Z:\projekte\n01_nest\realisation\nest_AVRStudio5\FREERTOS_LWIP_DHCP_EXAMPLE1\FREERTOS_LWIP_DHCP_EXAMPLE1\src\main.c(148,1): implicit declaration of function 'gethostbyname'

The code, that make this crash is quite simple:

#include "/lwip/netdb.h"
(...)
struct hostent *t;
t = gethostbyname("192.168.123.20");
(...)

I changed "gethostbyname" to "lwip_gethostbyname" - no change.

I can change the #include - line to something like

#include <netdb.h>

nothing would ever change. I have the directory where netdb.h can be found included in my project, so it should just work fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot for every single hint!

Best regards,
Dennis