lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP host PING dramatic speed decrease

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP host PING dramatic speed decrease
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 19:21:36 +0100

On 9 Aug 2012, at 12:30, Kjel Snorre Jahrus wrote:

> I am currently working on porting the lwIP stack on my platform and after I
> managed to make it work in a P2P network(PC connected directly to the
> Ethernet controller of the board) with good parameters(Ping time=1ms) I put
> it in a regular network in the office and the ping time is now more than 1800
> ms.

In the past when other people have had similar problems it has been to do with
the volume of traffic that the stack is exposed to.  In a general office
network there will be a lot of background broadcast traffic etc. and this could
be overwhelming the resources available.  When connected directly to your PC
there will be next to zero background traffic.

Kieran