lwip-users

[lwip-users] ping is going up and down

From: Nico Sachs
Subject: [lwip-users] ping is going up and down
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 20:06:32 +0200

Hi,

i think my lwip implementation run into a problem after a certain time, and i
don't know what it could be..

So now my application: I run the stable 1.4.1 version. I have httpserver_raw
activated, a tcp listener and a udp listener. I can initate, by another client
a connection where my application sends each 30ms some small data (min. eth
packet)  over UDP and i also get some Data each 15ms.

I can see the application work for at least 5 minutes perfectly. in this time,
i can see the ping is increasing from 1ms up to 100ms. (It rises very slowly).
After a while the other client think the connection broke and stop sending.
Afterwards it tries to reconnect. This reconnection work.

I also spotted that sometimes the ping goes down to a normal level and the
application work again for a certain time, sometimes 5min, sometimes 10min.

After the communications stops, i noticed that also my website is not
responding for 1-2 seconds.

Some more details:
i run freertos with mainly just the tcpip_thread and a tick task to kick on the
udp send. the Idle task is running for 98%.
Ethernet input is solved by interrupt to give a semaphore catched by another
task.

According to lwip Stats. i see approx. 200 udp protocol errors and a slightly
lower value in invalid length error in IP packets in 24h. But with an eye on
the number of packets are transferred in this time, i think it's not very high.

I mention that i can not run some mem stats while im using my own heap, isn't
it?

I have no idea, what this could be.
Does someone has an idea?

Thanks