lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] wrong statement in lwip wiki page about structurepackin

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] wrong statement in lwip wiki page about structurepacking
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 12:48:35 +0200

"Stephane Lesage" wrote:
> I am the author.
> And somebody (Simon I think) added:

I think I remember something like that :-)

> "In any case, make sure the system runs stable when chosing a structure
> packing setting different to 1!"
> [..]
> And I guarantee you it's working, so I hold to my statement for
> IP/UDP/TCP.
> Of course higher application protocols may need packing (for example
> netbios)

Now that is not included in the wiki: it only says "IP headers and higher
layers are 4 bytes aligned and you may not need packing". This is indeed a bit
misleading, as you will need to verify the correct header field alignment for
all protocols used, not only for IP, UDP and TCP.

Simon