lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Detect PHY reset

From: Marco Jakobs
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Detect PHY reset
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 09:55:04 +0200

Hi Matthias,

I've seen the same effect (PHY reset) quite rare, but they have been there.
As it's horrible losing a device this way, I'm doing a periodic poll of some
few important PHY configuration registers and compare them with the values
they should have. When I detect a change here (due to a PHY reset), I'll
reconfigure the PHY "on the fly" which fixes the problem.

As I'm also writing this event to my event logger I see when this happens
... have not seen it for months in a 24/7 operation, but I feel better to
know that I'm not losing devices in the network if this happens.

BR
Marco Jakobs