lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Determining remote IP/MAC address using socket

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Determining remote IP/MAC address using socket
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:55:40 +0200

"tamirmichael" <address@hidden> wrote:

There is still something I don't understand: I have notice that
"etharp_find_addr" looks in lwIP's ARP table. If a connection was
established, I would expect to find details about the remote host in that
table. Why is it then that you discourage its usage?

Well, if the connection comes from outside our LAN (subnet, whatever),
the MAC-address would be the MAC-address of your router. Or are
you hosting *intra*net hosts only?

--gv