lwip-users

[lwip-users] Slow ping response times

From: Louis Wells
Subject: [lwip-users] Slow ping response times
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:04:06 -0800

Hello,

I just finished porting lwip to my hardware(lcp2468), and after running some initial tests just pinging the board I have ran into an issue.

The first batch of pings I send are usually replied to in a reasonable time(<5 ms), however as I continue to ping the board the response time gets worse and worse. I watched the activity on wireshark, and determined that the board is still responding, it is just taking up to 12 seconds to do so.

I ran a trace on the board, and it appears that there is not an issue where it is receiving packets too quickly to process them, as I can see it hitting the ISR when the packet is received, moving the packet into the mailbox, and running tcpip_input followed by ip_input before another packet is received.

I am not sure where to even begin looking for a way to solve this. A little information about my implementation is that I am using this with freertos, I have 1 thread set up for the main tcpip thread, and one thread that handles inputs whenever the emac ISR wakes it.

If there is anything that I can provide that might give someone some insight please let me know, and thanks in advance for any help.

Louis