lwip-users

[lwip-users] Long Latency Time

From: pv33
Subject: [lwip-users] Long Latency Time
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 15:12:36 +0100

Hi,

On lwip 1.4, FreeRTOS 7.1.1, we have written a web server. The main part is

static void http_server_netconn_thread(void *arg)
{
  struct netconn *conn, *newconn;
  err_t err;

  /* Create a new TCP connection handle */
  conn = netconn_new(NETCONN_TCP);

  if (conn!= NULL)
  {
    /* Bind to port 80 (HTTP) with default IP address */
    err = netconn_bind(conn, NULL, 8002);

    if (err == ERR_OK)
    {
      /* Put the connection into LISTEN state */
      netconn_listen(conn);

      while(1)
      {
        /* accept any icoming connection */
        err = netconn_accept(conn, &newconn);

        if( err == ERR_OK )
        {
            /* serve connection */
            http_server_serve(newconn);

            /* delete connection */
            netconn_delete(newconn);
        }
      }
    }
    else
    {
      printf("can not bind netconn");
    }
  }
  else
  {
    printf("can not create netconn");
  }
}

Every 2 seconds our server receives a request for a CRC value and if the value is changed
a following request for a BMP picture which comes with a minimal delay after a CRC request.
.
We have found in Safari browser in Develop->Network logs:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/9aumg
that there is a latency time for a reply on CRC request about 200 ms which seems to be very long.
But if the server receives a second request, for a BMP file, in less than 10 ms, the latency time of the second request is only
about 5 ms.

Please, could anyone let us know how could we improve latency time of requests of  CRC values?

Thanks for any help and suggestion,

Pavel
.