lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] socket write hangs, in LwIP 1.4.? (ppp-new branch but n

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] socket write hangs, in LwIP 1.4.? (ppp-new branch but not ppp related)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 21:13:44 +0100

Hi Mark,

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:55:19AM -0800, Mark Lakata wrote:

> I'm using the head of the ppp-new branch. I'm going to plead almost
> complete ignorance of how git works (haven't gotten around to
> learning it) and learned just enough to download the ppp-new branch.

So if I understand correctly you fetched the head a while ago, which is
probably not the head anymore :-)

> Has the ppp-new branch being pushed back into the main line?

Nope.

> Is there an easy way of merging the two branches together?

You don't have to, I am regularly merging master changes into the
ppp-new branch. But you have to update (pull) your clone if you want an
up to date copy.

> Does that sentence even make sense?  I need the ppp-new branch, since
> I had trouble with the released ppp code, which I think was 1.4.0.

Well, depending on your IPv6 and PPP needs, you can use the latest
release (no IPv6, old PPP), the current master branch (+IPv6),
or the ppp-new branch (+IPv6 +reworked PPP).

Sylvain