lwip-users

[lwip-users] Pre-empitive RTOS that does not support memory de-allocatio

From: Dale Gary
Subject: [lwip-users] Pre-empitive RTOS that does not support memory de-allocation
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 14:07:31 -0500 (CDT)

Hello
I have a pre-empitive RTOS that does not support memory de-allocation. (Problem for sys_mbox_free and sys_sem_free) I read from earlier posts that I could use a pre-allocated list. I have looked at structures in the contrib-1.4.0 and 1. The unix ones looked closest but I am still a little at a loss as to what is needed. Do I set up an array of structures for the mailboxes and just point to an instance in the array and track which ones are used? Is there any examples of current implementations? I am wanting to use memory pools and think that is set up correctly. Any suggestions?

Dale Gary | Software Engineer
Digital Monitoring Products | dmp.com
417.831.9362 ext. 1018 | Fax 417.831.1325