lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Low Iperf performance of lwip 1.4.1 on STM32 and FreeRT

From: ella
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Low Iperf performance of lwip 1.4.1 on STM32 and FreeRTOS
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 12:10:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
The clock jitter is documented in ST errata. (This file is not easy to find.
Instead of hiding it ST had to put it into Data Sheet and big bold letters).
As far as I understand it you can not use ST PLL neither for MII not for
RMII as in both cases it does not fir the long term jitter requirement for
PHY. Without going deep into understanding the meaning of this bug and
possible outcome we have used external 25MHz crystal with MII. (For RMII you
will need 50MHz one).

As for open source, I also thought about it but ST ignorance stopped me from
doing it. I think respectable company like ST has to take care on the ugly
source code they provide on their web site. It is not only related to
Ethernet driver but their Peripheral Library is exactly in the same state.
(In my projects I do not use it at all and write my own library adding
support of different HW modules as a need for it comes up).
So I decided not to help them and not to disclose any code. But if you are
looking for some cooperation I'm in. The final goal is to get stable driver
with zero-copy. To my understanding MAC and DMA periheral of the STM32F2xx
is sufficient for that.