lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwipopts.h, how to enlarge send and receive packet size

From: Peter LM
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwipopts.h, how to enlarge send and receive packet size
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 02:40:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

LP/李 wrote
> Is my comprehension above correct?

No, I suggest you to read  http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/Lwipopts.h
<http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/Lwipopts.h>

To resume it depend on which type of pbuf you alloc.
For instance, in my case I am using pool-pbuf type, therefore two define are
very important to me:
_PBUF_POOL_SIZE       -> The number of pbuf present in the pool
_PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE  -> The size of each pbuf in this pool

Hence I am able to receive:
(PBUF_POOL_SIZE * PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE) - (PBUF_POOL_SIZE * (PBUF_LINK_HLEN +
PBUF_IP_HLEN + PBUF_TRANSPORT_HLEN)) Bytes , and even more whether it is
only one big packet since headers will just be present in the first pbuf of
the chain...
Note that this calculation should match your TCP window (look at your
settings...)

Regards,
Peter