lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] IPV6 Porting

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] IPV6 Porting
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 12:20:36 -0600

This used to be in one of the LwIP Wikia pages but now it is gone ... ??

The netif has some placeholders for IPv6 addresses: my_netif->ip6_addr[xx]. The number of addresses is configurable in lwipopts.h, usually 3 is a good number.

Usually address [0] is reserved for the link-local address. If your netif has a hw_addr configured you can use netif_create_ip6_linklocal_address() to create the address. You can manually create the rest of the adresses, or if you have adress auto-configuration enabled you can let the ND6 protocol generate the rest of the adresses with help from your IPv6 router. you should set netif->ip6_autoconfig_enabled = 1; and make sure it is enabled in lwipopts.h

Any address you manually configure, you should use the macro netif_ip6_addr_set_state(netif, addr_index, IP6_ADDR_TENTATIVE) to let ND6 protocol validate it.

That is all you need to get set up.

If you have any other questions just ask.

Cheers
Ivan