lwip-users

[lwip-users] LWIP + IGMP

From: Ricardo Schoof
Subject: [lwip-users] LWIP + IGMP
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 16:33:27 +0200

Dear all,

I want to receive UDP-packets from a multicast message. The system currently can receive unicast messages.

To receive multicast messages I’ve set the following settings in lwipopts.h

  #define LWIP_IGMP                       1

  #define MEMP_NUM_IGMP_GROUP             8

Also in the initialize function I’ve set the right flag

  netif->flags = NETIF_FLAG_BROADCAST | NETIF_FLAG_ETHARP | NETIF_FLAG_UP | NETIF_FLAG_IGMP | NETIF_FLAG_ETHERNET;

The initializing of the IGMP-group is as follows

 uint16 port;

  ip_addr_t groupAddress;

  getParamatersFromTransmissionGroup (group, &port, &groupAddress);

  __udpSocket = udp_new ();

  MF_ASSERT (__udpSocket != NULL);

  err_t err = udp_bind (__udpSocket, IP_ADDR_ANY, port);

  MF_ASSERT (err == ERR_OK);

  err = igmp_joingroup (&localAddr, &groupAddress);

  MF_ASSERT (err == ERR_OK);

  udp_recv (__udpSocket, data_received, this);

When I send data directly to the IP address assigned in LWIP I get to the breakpoint in data_received.

However when I change the destination IP address to the one configured in groupAddress, I get no data at all.

I’ve made some tests in Wireshark where I captured the packets. The test system consists of three devices

192.168.172.1 > Router

192.168.172.20 > Computer with Wireshark

192.168.172.113 > LWIP Device

I’ve attached the capturefile done in Wireshark, In this file you can see the LWIP device responds to a query.

If you need any more information, please reply to this mail.

Met vriendelijke groet, Best regards,

Ricardo Schoof | R&D Engineer