lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How to have two different sockets for IPv4 and IPv6

From: Mohsin
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How to have two different sockets for IPv4 and IPv6
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 10:53:24 -0700 (MST)

Ivan Delamer-2 wrote
> If there is no predefined sin6 address for ANY, your procedure of
> setting it to 0 is correct.
>
> Somebody about a year or two ago had made sure this was working. Is it
> not working for you?

No, it's not working for me.
Only IPv6 works when I set it to 0. But at the same time, IPv4 doesn't work.

I've also heard that setting sin6_addr to in6addr_any will work for both
IPv4 and IPv6, that's why only I was looking for in6addr_any in the stack.

So, my ultimate question is whether in6addr_any is equivalent to setting
sin6_addr=0 or there is something unique with in6addr_any variable which
allows both IPv4,v6 to work?

Regards,
Mohsin Kesarani