lwip-users

[lwip-users] What should I do when tcp_err callback

From: Xun Chen
Subject: [lwip-users] What should I do when tcp_err callback
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:20:06 -0400

Hi all,

I run into a problem and don't know how to handle it properly.

I am using lwip 1.4.1 to pump data out at 400kB/sec rate. After many many GB data (even Wireshark 12 crashed a few times during the process due to memory leak), I will get tcp_err callback from tcp.c::tcp_slowtmr(void)::line #974::TCP_EVENT_ERR(err_fn, err_arg, ERR_ABRT);

Below is the Wireshark capture of last moment BEFORE the tcp_err callback
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6tsdckwuobvmnt/lastmoment.pcapng?dl=0

In the tcp_err callback, I remove all callbacks and invoke tcp_close to close the TCP socket.

lwip will continue to run, but it will not accept any more TCP connection and won't receive UDP packets.

I had this happened to me a few times

What should I do properly when tcp_err callback?

Thanks for any pointer!

XC