lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PPP - TCP

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PPP - TCP
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 20:51:38 +0100

Hi Norberto,

On Tue, Jan 05, 2016 at 11:26:35AM -0200, Norberto R. de Goes Jr. wrote:
> How are you doing?
>
> I am facing a problem in the use PPP-lwip.
> I have a application (app) using lwip stack. The app implements an echo
> message server (messages replier).
> The connection is through the PPP protocol (serial interface) no ethernet
> conection.
> When UDP messages are exchanged all is working fine. But when TCP is used,
> after the second message exchanged, the following error is throwed by the
> lwip:
>
>      Assertion "RST not expected here!" failed at line 1033 in
> ../src/lwip_src/lwip/src/core/tcp_out.c

Which lwIP version are you using ? If Git, what's your HEAD hash ?  We
don't assert on corrupted packets anymore (we try to remove all asserts
that can be remotely-triggered), it looks like an old code.

At first sight, I don't think PPP is related to the problem here, did
you check at the bytestream level that it is actually a wrongly
formatted incoming TCP packet ? If yes, there is not much we can do
except dropping the packet.

Sylvain