lwip-users

[lwip-users] STM32F7 Project

From: Kenny Koller
Subject: [lwip-users] STM32F7 Project
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2016 20:52:40 +0000

Hi Everyone,

I have a code base running FreeRTOS on an STM32F767 (512 kB RAM) and I am preparing to integrate LWIP. Currently I am using the Nucleo-F767 board and our PCB will be using the same PHY and RMII.

I do not use the ST Cube HAL but plan to use the Cube generated code as a reference. There is also an ST application note for the STM32F4 and I spent some time reading the EMAC portion the reference manual.

My thinking is that I will begin by getting the Cube LWIP up and running and then port to 2.0 following the LWIP guide. I'm using the latest Segger Embedded Studio on a Mac (ARM GCC 5). Does anyone see a problem with this approach? Caveats or suggestions?

Also, I noticed that ST CubeMX (4.16.1) generated code is LWIP 1.5 but I didn't see a tag in the git repository for this version:

Silverback: ack LWIP_VERSION
src/include/lwip/init.h
42:#define LWIP_VERSION_MAJOR      1U
44:#define LWIP_VERSION_MINOR      5U