lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Directly accessing tcp.local_port in a netconn

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Directly accessing tcp.local_port in a netconn
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 20:13:31 +0100

Hey Marco,

Marco Jakobs wrote:

due to very limited resources I need to do a strange thing ;-)

I need to change the listener port of one single TCP listening connection "on the fly" in its idle state.

Really? Very limited resources, using netconn and this should help?

Keeping that aside, for the thread using netconns, the pcb is never "idle": it's listening. You're producing
race conditions here. This is a bad example for this list!

Keeping even that aside, accessing a struct's member should be prevented and *is* prevented by the
lwip headers, so struct tcp_pcb is unknown to your code (and it's good like that!)

Simon