lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] delay on other parts of the program caused by sending d

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] delay on other parts of the program caused by sending data over TCP / LwIP is maybe blocking other interrupts?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 10:36:03 -0300

I'm intrigued by your use of the word "other" when referring to interrupts... If you are properly using lwIP RAW API, then you should NOT be using interrupts. Maybe your driver, but it won't call any lwIP low-level function. Will it ? That would be bad...

> NOTE 1: It is not ideal but I don't care if a few ethernet packages
> get lost or whatever once in a while

No packet should ever get lost if you do things right.

> Maybe there is a way to signal LwIP when it is OK to send data?

You are already doing that when calling tcp_output()

> However, the program still crashes when connected to the tcp client.

And you should know how and where, so we can help you known why

> It seems as if the connection breaks

"Seems", "breaks or breaks not, there is no seems" Yoda would say. Would you please run a wireshark capture and check the error callback ?

> : I got the error -11 after a
> tcp_write. Any ideas why that would happen?

-11 -> error.h -> ERR_CONN -> "Not connected"
Would you please run a wireshark capture and check the error callback ?

http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/Raw/TCP
If you post a bare minimal code with all callback handlers, I can try to take a look at it.