lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] [Issue] TCP fragmentation over PPP - fragments are lost

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] [Issue] TCP fragmentation over PPP - fragments are lost in LwIP if data is queued for sending
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 13:52:35 +0100

Marco Jakobs wrote:
> I'm not sure what's the right way to do that as there is no option in opt.h,

(>ლ)

> I've commented that out for a test (in tcp_out.c):

That should do...

>> debug the pcb to see how many segments are in unsent/unacked of the pcb
>> sending to PPP
> Where would be the best place to do that?

I'm not sure I understand. At your PC, in a debugger, probably?

> Not sure where and why ... that's not modified and PPP runs in it's own
> thread ...

How would PPP do that in vanilla lwIP 1.4.1? Only the input escaping can be
done in a separate
thread, the rest should run in tcpip_thread. If you changed that --> threading
issues
(+ not vanilla 1.4.1 any more...)

Simon