lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Issue in arch.h for lwIP 2.0.0

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Issue in arch.h for lwIP 2.0.0
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 13:58:38 +0100

Amit Ashara wrote:
> Is there going to be an incremental release of lwIP

Yes. 2.0.1 will be coming as soon as we'll need it (i.e. as soon as there are
enough
bugs fixed from 2.0.0 to justify releasing it).
The time from 1.4.1 to 2.0.0 was way too long. This mainly was because the
integration
of IPv6 brought big changes and mainly due to lack of manpower, we just needed
that long.

> or should I make the same changes as Dirk and use lwIP-2,0.0

The preferred way is *always* to use vanilla lwIP and make local modifications
outside
our source tree. You can of course go with git master, where the change is
integrated.
That probably depends on what you do at TI, which I don't know ;-)

Simon