lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TFTP init

From: nrichard
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TFTP init
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 08:20:25 -0700 (MST)

Stephen Cowell wrote
> What ftp library are you using?  I successfully used sftp with lwip
> 1.4.1 and fatFS, no OS needed, to be an FTP server for an SD card.
>
> Are you being a server or a client?  Sounds like client.  Pretty sure
> all the ftp things need a file system to work.
>
> Using a file system is going to be easier than hacking an FTP client I
> think.  Your goal is to use as much already-done code as possible.
> Choose hardware with a rich set of example projects... Atmel SAM4E
> helped me a lot.
>
> --
> Stephen Cowell

I'm actually using a SAM4E myself (specifically Sam4e16e).  I'm using this
library for FTP: https://github.com/toelke/lwip-ftpd
You are correct, I am the client on my local PC and the board will be the
server running elsewhere.  I would like to avoid using an SD card and have
the FTP server transfer to flash memory.  I only need to transfer 2 image
files to 2 locations in memory, nothing else.
With the library above, FatFs wants to use up all my memory for some reason,
so I need to figure out how I can not use up all my memory, or be able to
modify the vfs files to not use FatFs at all.

-Nick