lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Device crashes while connected via TCP and Serial simul

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Device crashes while connected via TCP and Serial simultaneously
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 11:41:28 -0300

OK...
you are using some vendor port for some device.
You have to check on your vendor's forums for the intricacies of debugging your particular device. I could help with some ARMs and there surely are some other guys knowing other processors here, but this is not the right place for that.

First things first. Please check your vendor has been a good guy and did things properly. If you run with no OS, you must have NO_SYS=1, a main loop, and some interrupt handlers. You must call lwIP functions in only one context, either main or interrupt, but not both. (you said 1.4.1)
I can't help with SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT

Then, it would be helpful to know why your device is "crashing". You are seeing a data fetch exception, try to get exactly why is that and who is fetching where. Do you have some MPU in there ?

> I use another serial interface to send some debug information to my
> developing PC (in synchronous mode)

I don't get what you use, neither if it is relevant for this

>  I have another connection to another part of the GUI

What GUI ? Please properly describe your scenario.
You must start working with small and manageable pieces, if you don't know if your port is OK, you need to run applications you know they work. Your driver might be trashing memory, your port might be reentring non-reentrable functions, your serial handler might be trashing memory, your app copying from serial to tcp buffer might be trashing memory. What API are you using ? What functions do you use in your app ? Any wandering pointer can trigger a data fetch exception. Reduce that to the minimum for a test, see if it triggers the exception, track it down, post your code here and/or the TI forum respectively.