lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip complex example

From: Jan Menzel
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip complex example
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 17:53:44 +0200

Hi Max!
        It's the nature of the stack that you may combine any examples you like
suppose you can provide sufficient resources. Running eg. http and sntp
is quite easy you just need more udp pcbs for sntp and/or tcp support
for http...
        In case of problems I'd suggest to carefully check the asserts of each
features initialization sequence (to find memory issues that prevent the
feature from getting initialized). Once the application is basically
running you might use stats_display() to get more statistics especially
about memory usage and errors. I'd also take a closer look into the
stack usage (in case you're using any OS) because some features will
dynamically use the stack of the main tcp/ip thread which can not be
taken into account by static stack analysis tools (all pitfalls I went
through due to to many features with to little resources...).

        Best regards
                Jan