lwip-users

[lwip-users] 2 Devices

From: Fabian Cenedese
Subject: [lwip-users] 2 Devices
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 12:16:09 +0100

Hello

I'm trying to implement 2 physical devices with LwIP.
This is what I have so far:

"One" LwIP (functions and global variables)
One tcpip_thread
Twice netif_add() and netif_set_up()
Two threads to read the frames from the PHY
and giving it to LwIP with tcpip_input

One PHY is working correctly but the second is not.
Somehow the frames from 1 end up in the handling
from PHY 0 (recv or send).

Is my general way to go correct? Can this work
with same IP addresses (of course not in the
same network) or is the IP address/network
mask needed to determine the outgoing interface?

With different IP addresses: Can I have one udp
socket for each device bound to the same port?
If I can bind only one socket to one port, how
can I handle frames incoming from two devices
and send the replies with the correct (same)
outgoing device?

Thanks

bye  Fabi