lwip-users

[lwip-users] Fragmented UDP package not triggering socket select

From: Bram Peeters
Subject: [lwip-users] Fragmented UDP package not triggering socket select
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 18:11:48 +0000

Hi,

I am running into a strange problem where my application is waiting for data to
arrive on and UDP socket via an (lwip_)select call, and it works fine if an
ipv4 UDP packet with  828 bytes is send , but nothing happens when a fragmented
(1480 + 43) packet arrives although the destination port/ip are the same. If
afterwards another 828 byte package is send, it arrives without problems.
This behavior is 100% reproducible, and I use a hub + wireshark to make sure
the package really appears on the line connected to the device.
At first sight the only relevant difference between the 2 scenarios is the
package length and resulting fragmentation (though of course the contents are
different too).
Reading the 2.0.3 release notes I saw that there was some fragmentation issue
in the past, so I updated from 2.0.0 to  2.0.3 but the behavior remains the
same.

I still need to dive into lwip to investigate what might be going on, but if
this rings any bells let me know ! :)
Also hints to get started to debug how far the arriving fragemented package
gets are welcome, it's been a while since I looked at lwip sources so ....

Thanks,
Bram