lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PolarSSL and mbedTLS

From: E.Vasylyev
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PolarSSL and mbedTLS
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 05:48:03 -0700 (MST)

@Simon!

I was reading your posts on this forum and saw that you managed to use
"mbedtls_ssl_conf_max_frag_len" function to get the request sent through SSL
be fragmented. Can you please advise how you managed to make it work?

I am doing a HTTPS server and one of the options is a file upload (size is
in average around 300 kb). So, mbedTLS in my case is working as a server and
firmware file is arriving to server in a POST request with HTTP header
stating Content-Length to 300 kb. At attempt to read the data using a
function mbedtls_ssl_read it gives out error 0x7200, which means
MBEDTLS_ERR_SSL_INVALID_RECORD. However in case if I try to upload a
firmware with size of several bytes (specially made small just for test) -
then everything is working OK.

I have tried to use a functions
mbedtls_ssl_conf_max_frag_len(&sslConfig, MBEDTLS_SSL_MAX_FRAG_LEN_4096)
and
mbedtls_ssl_conf_max_frag_len(&sslConfig, MBEDTLS_SSL_MAX_FRAG_LEN_2048)

but seems they give no effect. I am still facing an error
MBEDTLS_ERR_SSL_INVALID_RECORD (-29184 or -0x7200) at attempt to upload a
file with big size. Please note that I have MBEDTLS_SSL_MAX_FRAGMENT_LENGTH
defined in mbedtls_config.h

Can you please advise how to use function mbedtls_ssl_conf_max_frag_len
correctly to make it work? Does mbedTLS support this option in current
release (2.6.1) or no?