lwip-users

[lwip-users] esp32 and atsame

From: bakmurat
Subject: [lwip-users] esp32 and atsame
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 02:50:06 -0700 (MST)

I have ATSAME MCU and ESP32.

I used ready to use esp-idf examples to create tcpip client in eclipse with
ESP32(standalone) and its working great.

Now, I want to make a tcp_client using ESP32 module together with ATSAME53.
ATSAME will be acting as the main MCU and I want to create a client using
netconn APIs in lwip which will be in ATSAME. ESP32 uart pins connected to
uart pins in ATSAME. I want ESP32 to be just bridge and give data from the
router(internet) to ATSAME which will use lwip to process it and create a
netconn client.

(ESP-->ATSAME)
I changed inside wlanif_input(struct netif *netif, void *buffer, u16_t len,
void* eb) function in ESPlwip and send the buffer(packet) to ATSAME using
uart(instead of tcpip_thread). I want packets to be processed in ATSAMElwip.
When I received packets from ESP32 in ATSAME side, I called tcpip_input(p,
&TCPIP_STACK_INTERFACE_0_desc) to send it to tcpip_thread to be processed.

(ATSAME-->ESP)
Coming packets from ATSAMElwip were sent to esp32 using netif->output=
etharp_output fn which was modified to send using uart. Received pacets in
ESP were sent to wifimodule using low_level_output function and sent using
esp_wifi_internal_tx(wifi_if, q->payload, q->len);

*But I have problems with creating netif. Shall I have two separate
netifs(one in ESP and one in ATSAME), are two netif equally important?
*Is it possible to realize whats in my mind?